Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Favorites...For Now

I like to watch Make Up tutorials on YouTube and a lot of the Guru's like to do favorites or must haves for the month. So, this gave me an idea of a favorites blog.  I'm just going to list some things that I really like and think that maybe you would want to check them out. So in no particular order, here you go.


Restaurant.com~~You can get gift certificates for your area for cheap.  Sign up for the newsletter and you will be notified of deals and codes.  I have been able to buy $25 gift certificates for as low as $2.  Can anyone say Cheap Date?


Swagbucks.com~~Swagbucks is a search engine that allows you to win points that you can redeem for product, gift certificates and even money in your Paypal account.  You just search like you normally do. Collect your points and redeem. Easy as pie. And if you want to sign up, be a sweetie and tell them I referred you: Evilgenius746.  


Del Taco~~Del Taco has a deal going on right now. The regular tacos are just $0.39.  Yes you read that correctly, $0.39.  You really can't go wrong with that. Oh, and if you sign up for the newsletter, you get info on promotions and coupons.


P!nk~~OK, I have tweeted and Facebooked about my obsession with P!nk.  I absolutely LOVE her.  My favorite song of the moment is "It's All Your Fault".  You can listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c95mXryWnuc

Christian Kane~~Once again, I have tweeted and Facebooked about my "pretend boyfriend".  Don't worry, Josh knows.  lol  Christian Kane is an actor and singer, he is on the TNT show "Leverage" check it out. I have been lucky enough to see him perform live when I was living in Oregon.  They film the show in Portland and during filming he has monthly shows at Dante's.  Anyway, he has two songs that I love right now.  "Let Me Go" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk7i2vktOl4 and "Making Circles" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7-nWGSAsAM&feature=related.


Not Having TV~~OK, we have TV in the living room, but there is no TV in our bedroom. Now, this is different for me.  I don't watch much TV during the day, but I do enjoy laying in bed and watching TV at night.  I thought that this would drive me crazy and that I would need TV.  It surprised me that I didn't. As a matter of fact, I don't really miss it. I am able to still watch all the shows that I miss, the next day, usually online.  And I only really watch a few shows during the week, so I'm not really missing anything.  It is kind of nice not having the TV.


Signing up for newsletters~~This is something that I highly recommend everyone do.  Yeah, it clogs up your email box, but it is helpful.  You are notified of sales and deals and on many occasions you get specials and coupons sent because you get the newsletter.  This has been something I have enjoyed for years.


Angel Food Ministries and Treasure Box~~These two companies allow you to purchase boxes of food for a fraction of the cost in the store.  This is really helpful for those of us that are on a budget.  There is no income requirement and both offer different types of boxes.  You simply find your host site, order your box or boxes and pick them up on the date specified.


Blogging~~I have been enjoying this new hobby of mine.  It has allowed me to share my life and feeling on various subjects with whomever wants to read. It has given me an outlet other than Facebook or Twitter that has allowed my expression of thought to be longer than a few sentences.  It is a bit freeing also.


Well, those are all my favorites, for now.  My favorites tend to come and go with the wind, so be on the lookout for another one.  Until next time my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment