Wednesday, October 6, 2010

OAMC~~Once A Month Cooking

I have entertained the idea of Once A Month Cooking a few times before. It completely intrigues me to be able to cook all my meals for the month at one time, freeze them and then take them out and reheat for dinner.  This idea is perfect for my family. 


First of all, I love to cook, but I tend to run out of ideas on what I want to make and then I don't ever have all the ingredients, or I just don't have the energy to make dinner one night.  We eat meals at different times.  There is always some excuse or reason that I have.  I know, pathetic.  So I wind up making meals that are super easy and convenient and we all don't eat the same thing, and then this becomes a problem. I start making the same things over and over and then I have to buy more food, so the money I spend on groceries goes up.


Anyway, OAMC, is something that I am really interested in trying.  I have the freezer space. I have a crap load of recipes that would work well and I really do have the time.  So why am I so hesitant?  I'm really not sure.  I don't have a reason.  So, I think that I have made my decision to try this OAMC thing.  I don't think I am going to cook for an entire month.  I think I might try a week, maybe two, at first and see how it works for me.  


If and when I decide to do this, I will post the recipes and maybe some pictures so I can share this journey with you.  What do you think of this idea?  Do you want to try OAMC or OAWC cooking with me?

1 comment:

  1. When my sisters and I were in jr/sr high school and my Mom was going to college...this is the way we lived. We used to make sandwiches for a week or two worth of lunches and freeze them. Anything my Mom cooked for dinner she would make 2 or 3 times as much and freeze for future dinners. I think you are right to try cooking for a week or two...a month seems kind of overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete